Membership
Contacts
Match Results
Links
ACTS Discussion Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» ACTS Discussion Forums » Chapters » Michigan » Dec 09 Pics/Vids

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dec 09 Pics/Vids
Tom
Lord of the Kydex!
Shooter # 253

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom   Email Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Skill before gear.

Posts: 3994 | From: MI | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom
Lord of the Kydex!
Shooter # 253

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom   Email Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

--------------------
Skill before gear.

Posts: 3994 | From: MI | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sgtlmj
Grand Master
Shooter # 59

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sgtlmj   Email sgtlmj   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looked like a beautiful day. How'd the SCAR run?
Posts: 3375 | From: Firestone, CO | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbara
Grand Master
Shooter # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara   Author's Homepage   Email Barbara   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scores are done and should be up soon. Sadly, I did not win. [Smile]

Steve took first place, and Tom was next.

[ 13. December 2009, 08:03: Message edited by: Barbara ]

--------------------
No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 4652 | From: South of Paradise, west of Hell. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KD
Bueller...Bueller...
Shooter # 424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KD   Author's Homepage   Email KD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had a blast today and can deffinitly say I'll be back next month.
Posts: 423 | From: St. Louis/Jackson | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Hogrefe
The Founder
Shooter # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Hogrefe   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Hogrefe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scores are up.

http://www.actshooters.com/results_mi/2009/dec09.html

--------------------
So....you're a feminist.
Well, isn't that cute...

Posts: 8454 | From: Petoskey, MI | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom
Lord of the Kydex!
Shooter # 253

Videos are finally up. Youtube is slow tonight. The quality will get better as they fully process, which usually takes another half hour or so. Anyway:

Stage 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j7paB-fokk

Stage 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhlUuhFCWO4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Q5Y2UX2-Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIvYLNM6z8k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0jcfNVTSh4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qcYRvMv914
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqM8gyekDWM

--------------------
Skill before gear.

aplaceinspace
Grand Master
Shooter # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aplaceinspace   Email aplaceinspace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like the mighty M14 isn't too ergonomical.

--------------------
There's no sense in using something different just to be different, especially if it has drawbacks.

Posts: 2982 | From: Mt. Pleasant | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom
Lord of the Kydex!
Shooter # 253

Not when you put the bullets in backwards.

--------------------
Skill before gear.

Scott
BoD
Shooter # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott   Email Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aplaceinspace:

They can be made more ergonomic. This is the one I ran today:

-

-

-

-

Posts: 4414 | From: SE MI | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom
Lord of the Kydex!
Shooter # 253

Beautiful country Scott. Where is that at?

Oh and in case you forgot I still may be interested in that Leupold scout scope, if you want to get rid of it. If not no biggie.

--------------------
Skill before gear.

Vinnie
Low Speed
High Drag Emu
Shooter # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vinnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That little dot Scott has on that rifle is in thee perfect spot. With my big melon, sight alignment was spot on with a head's up cheek weld. If the pistol grip part of the stock had more vertical in it that pkg would be perfect. IMHO [Big Grin]

--------------------
Death is a primitive concept. I prefer to think of them as battling evil in another dimension! -Grig-

Posts: 8438 | From: Land of misfit toys | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
Master
Shooter # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that M14 was nice to shoot Scott! Very easy to get a fast sight picture on when bringing that gun up.

--------------------
Squirrel!

Posts: 1305 | From: Happy Land | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClownPuncher
Novice
Shooter # 352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ClownPuncher   Author's Homepage   Email ClownPuncher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom...Very nice work with the AK! Keep running around and doing THAT and someone's going to offer you a job somewhere sandy! :-)

--------------------
"Don't confuse your position in life with my willingness to beat your ass"

Posts: 25 | From: Who knows from one day to the next | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom
Lord of the Kydex!
Shooter # 253

quote:
Originally posted by ClownPuncher:
Tom...Very nice work with the AK! Keep running around and doing THAT and someone's going to offer you a job somewhere sandy! :-)

If only it were that easy. I can't even get hired to work for free as a local reserve cop. [Wink]

--------------------
Skill before gear.

ClownPuncher
Novice
Shooter # 352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ClownPuncher   Author's Homepage   Email ClownPuncher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's because the "brass" won't appreciate their Officers being shown up on the range! ha ha

--------------------
"Don't confuse your position in life with my willingness to beat your ass"

Posts: 25 | From: Who knows from one day to the next | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fsuoutdoorsman
Novice
Shooter # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fsuoutdoorsman   Email fsuoutdoorsman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very nice...

--------------------
God Bless our Troops.

Posts: 45 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott
BoD
Shooter # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott   Email Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tom:
Beautiful country Scott. Where is that at?

Oh and in case you forgot I still may be interested in that Leupold scout scope, if you want to get rid of it. If not no biggie.

That spot is just north of GR, at my buddy's cabin. Shot those pics the Sunday after last match (opening day).

I'm holding onto the Leupy for the moment, but I'll keep you in mind if that changes.

Say, how is it you look so luminescent in this pic?

-

Posts: 4414 | From: SE MI | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom
Lord of the Kydex!
Shooter # 253

It's my glowing personality. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Skill before gear.

Trek
Master
Shooter # 353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trek   Email Trek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice shots Tom! Looks like it was a blast!
Posts: 638 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coop 0331 EMT
Marksman
Shooter # 11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coop 0331 EMT   Email Coop 0331 EMT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aplaceinspace:

it's fine I didn't even put the stock all the way in
Posts: 1955 | From: Somewhere making poor decisions | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ARman
MOE luv
Shooter # 10

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ARman   Author's Homepage   Email ARman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vinnie:
That little dot Scott has on that rifle is in thee perfect spot. With my big melon, sight alignment was spot on with a head's up cheek weld. If the pistol grip part of the stock had more vertical in it that pkg would be perfect. IMHO [Big Grin]

If it had more of a vertical pistol grip, it would be an FAL. [Wink]

--------------------
One day your life may flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Posts: 3790 | From: State of Denial | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
Master
Shooter # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Say, how is it you look so luminescent in this pic?
When Tom touches an AK, the spirit of the rifle exudes from his skin. It can only be seen on camera...sort of like Ghost hunters on the History Channel.

--------------------
Squirrel!

Posts: 1305 | From: Happy Land | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trek
Master
Shooter # 353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trek   Email Trek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do need to ask.....whats all that white stuff on the ground in the pics? [Hornest s Nest]
Posts: 638 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom
Lord of the Kydex!
Shooter # 253

Trek you've gone soft on us already!

--------------------
Skill before gear.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | ACTS Home

© 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 American Confederation of Tactical Shooters All Rights Reserved.
No portion of this website may be reproduced without prior written permission

image linking to 100 Top Guns and Gear Sites